It is the start to a new year, how are all your bookish resolutions going? I am not truly meeting mine at the moment BUT I have (in my mind) a great excuse. I am currently in 3 reading challenges over at Goodreads, so with my ARC commitments and those challenges I am a slave to tasks such as:
- Read a book with the word water, lake, pond, ocean or stream (plurals are acceptable) in the title.
- Read a book where there is something red on the cover, the author’s name includes a J, and the book was first published before 1 Jan 2011.
- Read a book that has been turned into a movie or TV show and the filming is done in South America.
Fun stuff! There are some easy ones but those are not worth as many points as the the others, so its all about
the win the fun, really…all about the f-u-n. Ha ha ha, only book lovers would get excited about these challenges BUT I highly recommend that you try a reading challenge sometime. I have found many great authors that way, I am forced to read beyond my usual grabs and it is like hunting for treasure. Now let’s get to the nitty gritty what did I review this month and what did I read this month.
• ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •
Here is a quick re-cap of books I have reviewed on the blog in the month of January:
- [2 Jan] My Enemy, My Earl by Tammy Andresen
- [2 Jan] The Rogue Is Back in Town by Anna Bennett
- [4 Jan] Gone on Sunday: A Cotton Lee Historical Mystery by Tower Lowe
- [5 Jan] Cowboy Stole My Heart by Soraya Lane
- [8 Jan] Twenty-Seven Tiered Almond Cake by Amber Laura
- [9 Jan] A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn
- [10 Jan] The Devil's Song by Lauren Stahl
- [10 Jan] City of Endless Night by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child
- [11 Jan] Earl of Sussex by Tammy Andresen
- [12 Jan] Land of the Free by Michael W. Huard
- [15 Jan] The Prince of Korin by Melody J. Bremen
- [16 Jan] Surrender to the Highlander by Lynsay Sands
- [17 Jan] Love the Wine You're With by Brooke E. Wayne
- [18 Jan] Five by Jane Blythe
- [19 Jan] Deadly Sweet by Lola Dodge
- [19 Jan] Derailed by Genevieve Iseult Eldredge
- [22 Jan] Judgment Road by Christine Feehan
- [22 Jan] Indecent Exposure by Tessa Bailey
- [23 Jan] Something to Howl About by Christine Warren
- [23 Jan] Baby, I'm Howling for You by Christine Warren
- [24 Jan] Shadow Walker by Tiffany Shand
- [29 Jan] The Nosferatu Chronicles: Origins by Susan Hamilton
- [29 Jan] The Darkest of Dreams by Emigh Cannaday
- [30 Jan] When the Stars Come Out by Laura Trentham
- [30 Jan] Heat by Donna Grant
- [30 Jan] Duty and the Beast by Chelsea Field
Here are some of the blog tours etc. that I have done on the blog this month:
- [1 Jan] Happy New Year 2018!
- [9 Jan] Cover Reveal: The Leak of Madness by Alice J. Black
- [13 Jan] Blitz with Excerpt & Giveaway: Magic Runes by Devyn Jayse
- [14 Jan] Blitz with Excerpt & Giveaway: The Revolution by Alicia Michaels
- [16 Jan] Release Day Blitz: Deadline by Jennifer Blackstream
- [20 Jan] Blitz with Excerpt & Giveaway: On The Edge by Dani Collins
- [24 Jan] Cover Reveal: The Most Special Chosen by Rachel De La Fuente
- [25 Jan] Cover Reveal: Between the Sea and Stars by Chantal Gadoury
- [26 Jan] Playlist & Giveaway: The Soulweaver by Heidi Catherine
- [30 Jan] Cover Reveal: The Ganga Shift by Mary Bernsen
- [31 Jan] January 2018 Wrap-Up!
• ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •
Drum Roll Please…… This month I have read a total of 77 books and I feel every minute of it. Seriously, this has been accomplished by lots and LOTS of caffeine intake and that my kiddos went back to school. Also, believe it or not I have reviewed or mini reviewed every one of these books except I think 2. I figure that I have another month of the multiple challenges and then I am taking the rest of the year off, lol.
The reviews for all of those books are either on this blog, will be on this blog, or are mini-reviewed on Goodreads. If you have interest in reading my other reviews you can go to my Goodreads account and check them out.
• ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •
January 2018 Book Haul
I did not have a large book haul this month and that is mostly due to the state of my TBR bookshelf which you’ll see next. So without further ado…
I did pick up a paperback this month of Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson because one of my teammates recommended it to me and it looks like a cute story. Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss had a tenth anniversary edition come out so I grabbed that book. Now the story with that book is that I tried to read this book before and it was a DNF (did not finish) for me. I couldn’t get past the monotony and egocentrism that occurred at the start. Of course, all my bookish friends have told me that I am crazy and that I need to give it another try – so here I am trying to give it another try. If I hate it again, I will just give it away to a Name of the Wind lover. The other books are ones that I am excited to read and just need them to either fit a challenge or I need the time. 😊
• ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •
January 2018 TBR Shelf
I have reached maximum capacity and then some on my shelf. I did read a couple of books from the shelf last month but it made no difference. My hard and fast rule is that when my shelf fills up then I do not buy more books until I have room. I am hopeful to clear a few in February but I am just not sure if that will happen.
• ♥ • ♥ • ♥ •