October was another busy month for me and it flew by way to fast! I am looking forward to November because it is the start of the holiday season which I love and at the same time can’t wait for it to get over with, 😆.
Here is a quick re-cap of books I have reviewed on the blog in the month of October:
- [2 Oct] Hart of Mine by Annie Arcane
- [3 Oct] Grigori by Lauren Smith
- [3 Oct] The Gifts of Our Mothers by Hazel Black
- [4 Oct] Interpretation by Dylan Callens
- [4 Oct] The Secrets of Islayne by Kari Lynn West
- [5 Oct] Forged Alliances by Katherine McIntyre
- [6 Oct] Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi
- [7 Oct] Breakaway by Sophia Henry
- [11 Oct] The Heart of the Alchemist by Penny Wells
- [11 Oct] Freeing the Beast by Tina Donahue
- [12 Oct] The Dragon Medallion by Alexa Whitewolf
- [12 Oct] Deserving You by Amanda Siegrist
- [13 Oct] Workman’s Complication by Rich Leder
- [13 Oct] The Razvak Hunter by Arel B. Grant
- [14 Oct] Ultimate Sacrifice by Author S.E. Green
- [15 Oct] Hope at Christmas by Nancy Naigle
- [16 Oct] A Season of You by Emma Douglas
- [17 Oct] With This Christmas Ring by Manda Collins
- [18 Oct] Deck the Halls by Donna Alward
- [19 Oct] Christmas at Two Love Lane by Kieran Kramer
- [20 Oct] Christmas Hostage by Jane Blythe
- [20 Oct] The Christmas Cowboy Hero by Donna Grant
- [21 Oct] Christmas in Kilts by Bronwen Evans, Lavinia Kent, Lecia Cornwall, May McGoldrick, Terri Brisbin
- [22 Oct] City of Lies by Victoria Thompson
- [23 Oct] The Trouble with Twelfth Grave by Darynda Jones
- [24 Oct] Murder Over Mochas by Caroline Fardig
- [24 Oct] Leopard's Blood by Christine Feehan
- [25 Oct] To Marry a Texas Outlaw by Linda Broday
- [25 Oct] No Other Duke Will Do by Grace Burrowes
- [26 Oct] The Empress by S.J. Kincaid
- [27 Oct] Perfect Gravity by Vivien Jackson
- [29 Oct] Hard Breaker by Christine Warren
- [30 Oct] Chosen by R.S. Broadhead
- [31 Oct] Deadman's Tome Final Contact by Brian Melechy Quinn, Candace Robinson, David M Hoenig, Dj Tyrer, Eric S Brown, James Grim Desborough, Kristofer Velasquez, Nadeleine Swann
Here is some of the blog tours etc. that I have done on the blog this month:
- [1 Oct] Blitz: Ugly Beautiful Girl by Tracy Krimmer, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [2 Oct] Guest Post: Damned by Alexandrea Weis & Lucas Astor
- [3 Oct] Cover Reveal: Veiled by Stacy Rourke
- [5 Oct] Blitz: Fallen Halos by Erin Hayes & Rebecca Hamilton
- [8 Oct] Blitz Excerpt & Giveaway: Ruin of the Gods by Erin Hayes
- [14 Oct] Celebrate Indie Author Day with a Romance Sale!!
- [15 Oct] 🎄🎄 Minx’s Week of Christmas Romances (early)! 🎄🎄
- [17 Oct] Kickstarter: Dragons of Kendualdern: Dominion pre-launch!
- [21 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway: Voodoo Angel by Erin Hayes
- [23 Oct] Book Blitz Excerpt & Giveaway: The Night Realm by Annette Marie
- [28 Oct] BITTERSWEET COFFEE, Ch 29 of Consequences by M. Jane Colette #audiobook #excerpt #listentothis #ConAudioTour
- [30 Oct] Blitz, Excerpt & Giveaway: Subhuman by Michael McBride
- [31 Oct] Halloween Horror Recommendations
- [31 Oct] Flights of Fantasy Update October 2017
- [31 Oct] October 2017 Wrap-Up and November 2017 Reading Plan
Reading wise, October was a very busy month for me. I devoted an entire week to Christmas holiday romance books to kick off the season and that was actually fun. The hardest part, beside all the reading 😉, was making sure that every post had the same details and wording. I know that sounds like it should be easy but there would be times where I had a great idea and had to go back and add it to all the other posts. Yeah, I did that more than once, lol, but it was fun and I will probably do it again next year.
So how much did I manage to read in the month of October? That would be 42 books. Here is a screenshot of all the books I read:
The reviews for all of those books are either on this blog, will be on this blog, or are mini-reviewed on Goodreads. If you have interest in reading my other reviews you can go to my Goodreads account and check them out.
October 2017 Book Haul
Not a bad book haul this month. Blackwing and The Last Namsara were ARC’s that I had reviewed and wanted to add the published hardcover version to my personal collection. The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden is an ARC that I received and I am absolutely looking forward to. I recently read the book Flamingo Road by Sasscer Hill and I am super excited about the ARC I received for her next book in that series, The Dark Side of Town.
The Last to See Me by M. Dressler is a book that I received through a book club I am a part of. It is a nice paranormal read for the month of October. The Christmas Hostage by Jane Blythe was a lovely gift that I was beyond thrilled to receive!! I had recently reviewed this book during my “Week of Christmas Reviews (early!)”
The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic by Leigh Bardugo is just a lovely book to hold in my hands. The dust jacket is textured and beautiful. The hardcover itself is embossed and gorgeous and weighty. It is a heavy book for its size. Such a great book to have in my collection!! The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro is a book that hasn’t got the best of ratings but I really enjoyed the fist book in this series, A Study in Charlotte, and I want to read this book, eventually.
Now, I don’t usually buy paperback books but I did pick up a few Nora Roberts books from my local used book store that were recommended to me. I don’t see myself collecting her books but I thought I would give her books a try. Yes, it is true, I have never read a Nora Roberts book. Apparently I live under a rock, ☺️.
October 2017 TBR Shelf
During this month I was able to read four books off my TBR Shelf. Flamingo Road by Sasscer Hill, The Romanov Ransom by Clive Cussler, Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo, and Obsidian and Stars by Julie Eshbaugh. I have the reviews written so you can expect them to be on this blog sometime during November. So, at the end of October this is what is on my TBR shelf.
What am I planning to read for the month of November?
I need to finish my Fantasy Reading Challenge and I have two books left to read. For this month I am going to plan on reading:
A HAWK’S PLEDGE
“The Twelve Kingdoms rest uneasy under their new High Queen, reeling from civil war and unchecked magics. Few remember that other powers once tested their borders until a troop of foreign warriors emerges with a challenge . . .”
Jepp has been the heart of the queen’s elite guard, her Hawks, since long before war split her homeland. But the ease and grace that come to her naturally in fighting leathers disappears when battles turn to politics. When a scouting party arrives from far-away Dasnaria, bearing veiled threats and subtle bluffs, Jepp is happy to let her queen puzzle them out while she samples the pleasures of their prince’s bed.
But the cultural norms allow that a Dasnarian woman may be wife or bed-slave, never her own leader and Jepp’s light use of Prince Kral has sparked a diplomatic crisis. Banished from court, she soon becomes the only envoy to Kral’s strange and dangerous country, with little to rely on but her wits, her knives and the smolder of anger and attraction that burns between her and him.
Well that is it for my October wrap-up and November reading plans. Are there any books you are looking forward to reading?