Hello Friends! July has been an enjoyable month for me. I did not feel like I was trying to “catch up” with my reading this time around. I am always surprised when my end of month wrap-up comes along because I think to myself, “hmmm, I read that much?” I know that seems like a no-brainer that I should know but I usually just read, review, and move on.
Here is a quick re-cap of books I have reviewed on the blog in the month of July:
- [3 Jul] Rum Runner by Tricia Leedom
- [4 Jul] Dark Sahale by Sam Ferguson
- [5 Jul] Saving the Bear by Rachel Robins
- [6 Jul] Ferryl Shayde by Vance Huxley
- [6 Jul] The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
- [7 Jul] Legacy Strain by Taylor Brooke
- [8 Jul] White Hot by Ilona Andrews
- [9 Jul] One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews
- [9 Jul] Moonshadow by Thea Harrison
- [10 Jul] Spellbinder by Thea Harrison
- [11 Jul] Wildfire by Ilona Andrews
- [12 Jul] Worth the Wait by Lori Foster
- [13 Jul] Eye Candy by Jessica Lemmon
- [14 Jul] Age of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan
- [16 Jul] The Last True Hero by Bec McMaster
- [17 Jul] The Royal Treatment by M.J. Summers
- [17 Jul] One Taste of Crazy by Amanda Siegrist
- [19 Jul] Dangerous Minds by Janet Evanovich
- [20 Jul] Four by Jane Blythe
- [23 Jul] Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
- [25 Jul] The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee
- [28 Jul] Taming a Rogue Earl by Tammy Andresen
Here is some of the blog tours etc. that I have done on the blog this month:
- [1 Jul] Cover Reveal & Guest Post: The Last Dragon Rider by Errin Krystal
- [1 Jul] Book Blitz: Monsters Among Us by Amanda Strong Excerpt & Giveaway
- [1 Jul] Sizzling Summer Reads!! Free & Discounted Books!
- [2 Jul] Book Blitz: Freak by Erin Lee, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [2 Jul] Book Blitz: Hero Undercover, A Collection of Undercover Romances
- [3 Jul] Book Blitz: Reckoning by Jena Leigh, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [4 Jul] Independence Day 2017
- [5 Jul] Book Blitz: In Her Blood by Janice Jones
- [7 Jul] Cover Reveal: After I Break by Mandy Peterson
- [8 Jul] Book Blitz: Sketches of My Soul by TC Booth, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [8 Jul] Blog Tour Excerpt: Home Field by Laurie Winter
- [9 Jul] Book Blitz: Your Crossroads. Your Choice by EJ Apicello with Excerpt
- [14 Jul] Book Blitz: Worth Remembering by Holly James with Excerpt
- [15 Jul] Book Blitz: Paintbrush by Hannah Bucchin with Sneak Peeks
- [18 Jul] Release Day Blitz: Withhold by Andrea Pearson, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [18 Jul] Blog Tour Top 10 List for Dream Me by Kathryn Berla
- [19 Jul] Cover Reveal: Monsters & Angels by Anne Marie Andrus
- [20 Jul] Cover Reveal: You Only Live Once by Lakeshia Poole
- [21 Jul] Book Blitz: Withhold by Andrea Pearson, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [22 Jul] Book Blitz: Veritas by Quinn Coleridge, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [22 Jul] Release Day Blitz: Love at First Crepe by Heidi Renee Mason
- [24 Jul] Cover Reveal: Watertight by E.J. Stevens with Giveaway
- [24 Jul] Looking for Your Next Favorite Romance Author??
- [24 Jul] Book Blitz: Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats by Carla Rehse
- [25 Jul] Addicted to Love by Jennifer Wilck, Excerpt & Giveaway
- [26 Jul] Hunted Fate by Jennifer Derrick with Guest Post & Excerpt
- [26 Jul] Viktor by Sarah Marsh with Excerpt
- [27 Jul] Got Mine by Nicole Loufas with Excerpt
- [27 Jul] Hard Rock Deceit by Athena Wright with Giveaway
- [28 Jul] The Union Series by T.H. Hernandez
- [29 Jul] Not His Werewolf by Annie Nicholas, Teasers & Giveaway
- [30 Jul] Wheeler by Sara Butler Zalesky
- [31 Jul] Cover Reveal: Princesses of the Night by Teresa Fuentez & Tich Brewster
- [31 Jul] Flights of Fantasy Update July 2017
- [31 Jul] July 2017 Wrap-Up and August 2017 Reading Plan
During the month of July I meant to ease back on my reading but I guess I just can’t help myself, I ❤️ to read. I think May and June felt so crazy for me because school was ending for my kiddos and then summer was starting. I am not planning on reviewing too much in August, as it stands I have 24 books scheduled to be reviewed. That is about average for me.
I know that 24-30 books seems like a lot of books but it just never feels like I am “reading all the time.” I mostly read at night and sometimes when I go to the gym, therefore I usually finish a book within a 24 hour period. Also, the books I read average about 200-300 pages. For me that is a quick read.
With all that said, how much did I read in the month of July? Drumroll please……This month I have read 39 books with 1 DNF (did not finish). I have once again included a screenshot of the books I have read below. Now you will see that one cover is circled in read. It is rare for me to listen to an audiobook but this was an audiobook that I ended up marking as a DNF. I did not give a star rating to this book. I love the Author Lyndsay Sands and I actually enjoy that series but I was just not able to hear that story. It wasn’t the narrator or anything like that. It was the actually story, drove me bonkers.
Here is my mini-review of An English Bride in Scotland by Lyndsay Sands because it is not that often that I DNF a book:
Ok, I love this Author, I really do but I just can’t finish this story. I tried, I really did but between View Spoiler »her husband trying to get her drunk to make the bedding easier, the constant back and forth about how she was ignorant to everything due to her being at the nunnery, and her inability to open her mouth and say ANYTHING to explain herself « Hide Spoiler…I just couldn’t finish this story.
I am absolutely sure that this story will turn around and come out wonderful and swoony. I am just not willing to hang in there for it.
If you have interest in reading my other reviews you can go to my Goodreads account and check them out.
July Book Haul:
My book haul for July includes a few books I am super excited about. The Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte book is one I just had to have, even though I have read it many, many, many times. This is my favorite classics book. I have a small palm size copy that I carry around on trips etc. but when I saw this lovely cover, it just called my name.
Another book that I already owned, an e-book version, is the book Churning Waters by Meredith T. Taylor (all the way to the left). This an amazing book! It is one of my favorite mermaid books. I have been pining for years for the Author to write its sequel, or for it to be printed in hardcover. I prefer to own hardcover versions of books for my personal library collection. Anyhow, neither wish has come true so I bought the physical book in case it goes out of print. I enjoy reading on my tablet but when I love a book, nothing is better then holding the book in my hands.
Another paperback I purchased this month is Oracle’s Moon by Thea Harrison, no it is not available in hardcover. I have read this story so many times that I decided that I wanted the physical copy on hand 😊. Now the book, The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, is a book that I have read before and LOVED. I had borrowed that book from the library so when I saw it at a used book store I was excited to purchase it.
The Daniel Suarez books you see are actually for my husband. He is on a Daniel Suarez kick. He has recently been turned onto this author by the book I purchased, Change Agent by Daniel Suarez, and now he is reading them all. The other books are all books that I want to read and are going on my TBR shelf.
August Reading Plan:
When I am thinking about my reading plans for a month I do not include books that I already have planned for review. I try to work off of my physical TBR bookshelf or occasionally books on my kindle. No point in me buying books if I don’t read them, 😆. As it stands here is my physical TBR shelf at the end of this month: