April was a full month for me and May is going to be even crazier! Lots going on in my home life as well as my blogging life. Are they even a separate thing anymore?? Ha ha ha, not so sure! One thing is for sure: I keep busy. I just love reading and I am all the time “sneaking” in reads that never make it to this blog. Sometimes I read a book and then I have to finish the series. I think its an addiction, I really do.
I call it sneaking because I have deadlines that I stick to and I know I should be reading for that BUT sometimes a book sits so long on my TBR (long for me is 4 months) and I just have to read it. Or I see a cover and it seduces me into reading it. Yes! That is a real thing!! If you are an avid book lover you know what I am talking about.
Anyhow, that “sneaking” I keep talking about is why I have to admit to the fact that I have read only 2 out of 3 books that I set as my TBR goal for the month of April. Yikes! I say “only” because seriously a goal of 3 books is not a stretch for me but yeeaaahhh. There were just so many other books I wanted to read. I am like a crow with sparkly objects. 😊
Here is a quick re-cap of books I have reviewed on the blog in the month of April:
- [3 Apr] Two Can Play by Kate Kessler
- [6 Apr] Hart of Hers by Annie Arcane
- [7 Apr] Cage of Darkness by Jennifer Anne Davis
- [12 Apr] Charmed By Charlie by Amanda Uhl
- [13 Apr] Qorth by Ash Gray
- [14 Apr] Semi-Broken by Isabel Jordan
- [17 Apr] A Fire in the Blood by Amanda Ashley
- [17 Apr] Seduction of the Bear by Rachel Robins
- [18 Apr] Dark Alpha's Lover by Donna Grant
- [21 Apr] The Danger With Love by Amanda Siegrist
- [24 Apr] Exodus '95 by Kfir Luzzatto
- [25 Apr] Cold Reign by Faith Hunter
- [26 Apr] Dating the Undead by Juliet Lyons
- [27 Apr] The Baker's Secret by Stephen P. Kiernan
- [28 Apr] True to You by Becky Wade
- [28 Apr] Boss Unyielding: A Secret Baby Office Romance by Nicole R. Locker
Here is some of the blog tours etc. that I have done on the blog this month:
- [1 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: The Penance of Pride by T.S. Adrian (Excerpt and Giveaway)
- [2 Apr] Blog Tour: Untapped by Weston Parker with Excerpt and Giveaway!
- [4 Apr] Cover Reveal: The Canary Club by Sherry D. Ficklin
- [5 Apr] Guest Post: Behind the Title by Romance Author Cynthia Roberts
- [7 Apr] Brain to Books Cyber Convention and Book Expo April 7, 8, & 9, 2017
- [8 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: The Billionaire Duke by Gina Robinson (Excerpt and Giveaway)
- [10 Apr] Cover Reveal: Gallowglass by Jennifer Allis Provost
- [11 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: Immortal Fire by Annette Marie (Excerpt & Giveaway)
- [12 Apr] Spotlight: Grimm Remains by Eli Celata
- [19 Apr] Autism Awareness Month: The Forgotten Child by Lorhainne Eckhart, With a Giveaway
- [20 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: Serenade by Heather McKenzie, With Excerpt & Giveaway
- [20 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: Beautiful Sacrifice by Ember Raine Winters
- [22 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: Wedding Dreams: 20 Delicious Nuptial Romances, With a Giveaway
- [23 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: Last Semester by Corine Mekaouche
- [27 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: Mason Dixon – Monster Hunter by Eric R. Asher, Excerpt and Giveaway
- [29 Apr] Blog Tour Blitz: The Danger with Love by Amanda Siegrist, Excerpt and Giveaway
- [30 Apr] April 2017 Wrap-Up and May 2017 TBR reading goal
- [30 Apr] Flights of Fantasy Update April 2017
Now these are not the sum total of books I have read this month. I have read 21 other books this month for a total of 37. I average 34.5 books in a month – just nuts! Honestly, I am always amazed myself when I start looking at these numbers because it never, ever seems like I spend that much time reading. I mean sleep, who really needs sleep. 🤤 Moving on…
I have been working on my lovely TBR shelf this month. It also helps that I have only bought digital books too. If you could see my kindle, yikes! That’s like a hairy beast hiding under the bed waiting to get you. I am an avid collector of books and realized awhile ago that I needed a way to manage my addiction so as to not call attention to it from others. Oh yeah, the hubs knows what he has gotten himself into but I don’t need anyone accusing me of hoarding. This is my current physical book collection as of April 2017:
See this is pretty respectable. No cause for alarm. 😃 My favorite part is that the TV stand is actually a horizontal book shelf. I am planning for the future! So what will I do by 2018 when there is no longer any room here? I am working on that. Now you can see why I have to split myself between physical and digital. It is a constant battle all readers face.
Reading goal for May:
As far as ARC’s go I have a couple but mostly next month is going to be a mix heavier on independent authors. Some really good stuff coming and please stayed tuned because as a reading community we should support the indies as well as the mainstream authors.
So that is it for my April wrap-up and reading goals. What are your plans?