Did I make this image large enough?? Am I excited about this? I do not know, let me see if I can express my thrill to you:
I would like to thank Sarah Y. Lockwood at The Critiquing Chemist for my first ever nomination. Yes people she is not only a book lover (which makes her cool to begin with) but she is also indeed a chemist. Love this from her “about me” page:
“Along with several of my coworkers, who share my enthusiasm for literature, we have decided to begin a blog in which we analytically assess the various books we read and formulate the responses in text instead of the lengthy conversations or perhaps debates we had previously engaged.”
Is that not spoken like a true Ph.D holder?? I would have just said I like to read books and write a review, lol, that is why you need to check out her site. To find other ways to view things. Book lovers unite!
Liebster Award Guidelines:
- Display an image of the award and write about your nomination.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you for this award.
- Answer the 11 questions prepared for you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 awesome bloggers who you think deserve this award, and create 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- List these guidelines in your blog post.
My Answers to Sarah’s Questions:
- What book(s) are you reading now? I am currently reading Since She Went Away by David J. Bell. Typically I will keep my focus on one book but if the book is just too boring to keep my interest I will set it down and read something more stimulating in order to help me through the less interesting book.
- Who else do you think would enjoy reading it? Why? I am only 20% into the book at this point but so far it is a suspenseful and engaging thriller. With that said I would have to be generic and say that anyone who is a fan of David J. Bell or who enjoys suspenseful thrillers would enjoy this book.
- Which author would you like to write your life story? Why? I am going to cheat a bit here. If I could choose any author to write my life story it would have to be either Sarah J. Maas or Samantha Shannon. I would choose either of them 1) because I enjoy their writing style and 2) because they would find the best quality about me and turn me into a complete badass who can fight and wield weapons without losing what makes me, well me, in the process. Heck Yeah! Just thinking about makes me want to start training for something right now!!
- Name three authors you would like to invite to dinner. Why? Such a good question, I would invite Jim Butcher, Charlotte Bronte, and Ilona Andrews. Jim Butcher’s characters are always so sarcastic and funny. I would love to see if any of him was in those characters. Plus we would spend hours talking about Harry Dresden, whether he wanted too or not….he should have thought twice before accepting the invitation, lol. Jane Eyre is one of my all time favorite books, cannot count all the times I have read it. I would want Charlotte Bronte there because I would like to know what it was like for her as a woman writer in those times and get her side of things. Ilona Andrews because she has written many, many books and they are all rated very highly plus she and Jim Butcher have collaboration(s) together and I would love, love, love to be a part of that discussion. Now are they my all time favorite authors? No, those authors I would want to give my complete attention because they are awe-some!
- Summarize your life in three sentences. Born on the other side of the world, this modern woman has not met a challenge she could not master. What was to become of this chica who has so much to say? Why she became a blogger to spread her love and truth and save the day.
- What was the last book you read that kept you up late into the night to finish? I just finished reading A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet and I could not stop reading it. I was not up that late, maybe 2am. I am a stay at home mom and have small children so nighttime is usually the only time that I have to read, but two days a week my youngest goes to nursery school, so on the night before those days I sometimes indulge myself if I am caught up in a book to read the wee hours of the morning. If I don’t have to be responsible for anyone’s welfare I only really need a few hours of sleep, right??
- Have you read a book recently you decided was a waste of time? If so, what is it? Who might like it? Ok, I rarely and I mean rarely decide that a book is a waste of time. The last book that I felt that way about was The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss. For me I could not get past the beginning, so dry, so boring, so ugh. With that said, I honestly have been thinking about giving it another try. Maybe I was in a bad mood? Maybe I was too tired? Maybe I needed to give it more of a chance? So I might give it another try especially since it has over 340k ratings and is still over 4.5 stars. I am definitely entitled to my opinion but sometimes I like to revisit books and see if I have changed my mind. Who might like The Name of the Wind? Anybody who has interest in world building, magic users, wizards, epic fantasy, and adventure…wait, wait, wait…all that described me…..so why did I not like it?
- What’s your favorite genre? Why? My favorite genre of fiction has to be fantasy. Fantasy can truly be anything as long as there is a supernatural element. With other genre’s they are more confined to one main element with a sprinkling of other aspects.
- What genre haven’t you read much of yet? Honestly, it has to be westerns. I live in Texas but have almost zero interest in that genre. One time in my life I read a book that had a western theme influence and that was Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton and that was hardly an influence but it was enough for me.
- What would be a good title for your autobiography? NottaPushover, The Genre Minx and Other Monikers That Define Me. I am a fan of monikers and I find them useful when I prefer to be anonymous but distinct. Honestly, my 20 something self was fun but my 30 something self is a whole different person and only my monikers take the blame. Bloody brilliant!
- What’s the title of the next book you plan to begin reading? Also going to cheat a little here, the next books I am going to read are The Secrets of Wishtide (A Laetitia Rodd Mystery #1) by Kate Saunders and A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, but here are the books I am dying to read but are not released yet:
- Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
- The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
- Beauty & the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
My Liebster Award Nominees:
Blog Site of abooknation – Not to mention a ‘1000 likes’ notification, I enjoy reading this blog for it’s diversification. A Genre Minx at heart. 🙂
Blog Site of Poppy’s Best of Books – Her reviews are from her heart, what she feels for good or for bad. She also keeps her content fresh. A good role model for me. 😍
Blog Site of Rattle the Stars – These ladies do a nice job of keeping their blog interesting and even have bookish mixes (music) for those who enjoy music and books.
Blog Site of Happily Ever Bookish – Morgan is a newbie like me but I do enjoy her reviews. It is like we are pals and she is just chatting with me…
Blog Site of Untamed Shrews – These ladies keep it interesting and they also have a section of ‘Read This, Drink That’ which I really like.
*I did not come to this list of bloggers lightly. Also, I know this award is meant for smaller blogs, so if you are medium to large, take no offense..I just liked your blogger and am not such a stalker as to look at your follower counts 😗*
My Questions for Bloggers:
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you don’t already, would you like to write as a career? If you do write, tell us a little about your career.
- What makes you laugh out loud?
- What is your favorite book?
- What book(s) are you reading now?
- What is your favorite form of social media?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- Electronic books or paper books?
- If you weren’t blogging right now, what would you be doing?
- What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
- What’s the title of the next book you plan to begin reading?